9/17/2010

tell satan i want my fucking swag back


Short & sweet this afternoon. A blast from the past, and two artists who are definitely killing the game at the moment.

Brenmar- Back Beating

Brenmar is a producer from Chicago currently living in Brooklyn. I don't have too many of his tracks, but the ones I do have are great. He specializes in flipping r'n'b samples into insane club tracks. This is sexy house music that has all the elements of club that you love. It's got bounce, a great vibe, and dancefloor-destroying potential.

Wilco- Via Chicago

I dreamed about killing you again last night, and it felt alright to me.

Probably my fave Wilco tune. Soft and soothing indie rock.


Before you listen to the next song, which features a member of an amazing collective I recently discovered (and which I am doing a HUGE post on next week), I want you to watch to watch this video. It'll be a better introduction to OFWGKTA's whole steez than anything I could possibly write.



Don't understand a single that just happened, right? Now, on to the song.

Tyler, The Creator (OFWGKTA)- Splatter

OFWGKTA, or Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All, is a crew of young(15-18 years old)black skaters, rappers, vandals, misfits and producers from the West Coast of the United States. These dudes are honestly fucking awesome, and since discovering their stuff a week ago, I haven't been able to listen to anything else. They've got such an original swagger and style to them, and every single rapper in the crew is also incredibly unique and great at writing raps. Tyler, The Creator (don't forget the comma, people) is the crew's de-facto leader, an extremely talented and fucked-up dude who writes some of the most violent and disturbed raps out there. Don't call it horrorcore though, most of them are too young to have been influenced by any of that stuff.

I'm going to keep it extremely brief for the time being, as I don't want to spoil my huge post next week, but if you dig the vibes and the approach, keep your eyes on this space, I'll be dropping shitloads of tracks and a few mixtapes. These kids are a more violent, more fucked up, and more disturbing west coast wu-tang. Some of the dopest stuff you'll hear this year.


See you on Sunday. In the meantime, we've got a little celebratin' to do. Laters.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment