Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, courtesans and conquistadors.
Grown Folk, the great new collabo from Montreal's Kid Aloha and Roledex, have just released the second edition of their monthly Grown Folk Collection mix.
Their first one, which we posted a while back, was very well received, and since this second edition is of extremely high quality, I couldn't resist sharing it with you. If Grown Folk is not on your radar yet, they should be. The mixes they put out are fantastic, and they always include a new production. This time around, it's the groovy V.V.S (Very Very Slightly), forthcoming on Templar Sound (Who've just launched their new blog, too!).
Track Selection = So very on-point. Good lord. I haven't heard a lot of these, but better believe I will be hunting these tunes down.
Grown Folk Collection N˚ 02 by Grown Folk
1. Chrysalis Records (feat. Trust) - Egyptrixx / Night Slugs
2. Too Fast (Femme en Fourrure Remix) - Jamtech Foundation / Discobelle
3. 123 (STSQ Remix) - LOL Boys / CD-R
4. Monster Island (Christian Martin Remix) - Claude Von Stroke / Dirtybird
5. V.V.S. (Very, Very Slightly) - Grown Folk / Templar Sound
6. The Alps (Kassem Mosse Fix) - Braiden / Doldrums
7. Tilt Shift (Julio Bashmore Remix) - Mosca / Fat City
8. Holdin' On - Jacques Greene / Lucky Me
9. Atom Funk - Trankilou / KIF SA
10. R&B Drunkie - Mark E / Golf Channel
11. Tropical Heat - Boy 8-Bit / K7
12. Bobo - Hunnee / Rush Hour
13. Metropole - Kink / Rush Hour
14. One Thing (French Fries Remix) - Amerie / CD-R
15. 13 - Skanky / CD-R
16. PClart - Kavsrave / Numbers
17. Start It Up - Lloyd Banks ft. Fabolous, Kanye West, Swizz Beats, Ryan Leslie / G-Unit
18. 6'7" - Lil Wayne ft. Cory Gunz / Young Money
I hope that you enjoy this fine mix from the East Coast's newest future bass music maestros. It's the perfect soundtrack to a candle-lit dinner, a victorian masquerade rave, a knighting or even a druidic orgy. Grown Folk is pretty self-explanatory, actually. Refined, sexy dance music for those who know how to appreciate the finer things in life.
Show some love.
Grown Folk Soundcloud
Grown Folk Facebook
(lame write-up, perhaps, but I've just worked the night shift and I am fuckin' poooooped. Sleep time.)
I've also thrown in a few other grown-up future sounds for your next romantic soirée. There's nothing quite like deep, powerful bass and haunting melodies to put you in the mood to make magic.
Nicolas Jaar- Mi Mujer
Lunice & The Jealous Guys- Bus Stop Jazz (Buy)
Velour- Booty Slammer
Enjoy your afternoon, my friends.