1/09/2011

la belle vie


Que pasta, motherfuckers.

Time for more music. I tried to mix it up a bit for you this morning. I hope that you appreciate these tunes as much as I do.

Smith Westerns- Be My Girl

Quirky, fun lo-fi garage pop. Awkward and loveable.

Ignition- Beer

My cousin sent this over to me a few weeks ago, and I figured I'd throw it up. Ignition are a band from the South Shore of Montreal, a ragged bunch of 15-16 year olds who enjoy playin gigs and making solid rock music. I think this is a cover, but it was charming and catchy enough that I thought I'd share it with you.

Jan Driver- Gain Reaction (Now streaming only)

Jan Driver – Gain Reaction by MDMAwesome

Jan Driver is a talented producer out of Germany, who released this on Boys Noize Records recently. This absolute behemoth of a tune is a mix of jacking house, techno rhythms, and electro buildups. The bass and the melody are ridiculous haunting, and I don't believe that any mammal could resist grooving to this. Take my word for it.

Miike Snow- Silvia

Miike Snow, of course, are the shit. Some might say that they are overhyped, but I've been re-discovering their self-titled album. It's two years old, but the dreamy melodies and catchy hooks have aged well. Of course, the Felix the Housecat and the Sebastian Ingrosso and Dirty South remixes are surefire dancefloor obliterators, but I really dig the emotional vocals and the synth work in the original. And it's quite the fitting soundtrack to this morning, staring out of an 18th floor office building at the dark skyline of Montreal. Night shifts do have their perks.

Stinj- Vara Lubirii (Brenmar remix)

Honestly, Brenmar is probably the producer that pops up the most in this space. Besides being a genuinely nice dude (then again, I only met him for like 15 minutes, but I digress), his material is getting exponentially more dope as time goes on. His productions are make-out music for the future, sensual stratosphere salvos that burn up any speaker, warm body or dancefloor within their blast radius.

Young L- Big Money



Nuff said, really. The genius behind The Pack, the originator of the BASED sound, the self-proclaimed King of Fruity Loops, the mighty Young Legend. His raps may not be terribly on-point, but no one could rap on these bizarre future beats as well as he does. It just fits.


See you tomorrow, with the first LAID BACK SUNDAY of 2011.

m.

2 comments:

  1. Beer is a cover of Reel Big Fish's, well, Beer. :) And thanks for Silvia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for the heads up.

    No problem, glad you dug it.

    ReplyDelete