12/20/2010

mein head


Good evening.

I've been workin non-stop since my last post, which is why you haven't been getting too many updates from me. Tis the season to be forgiving, though!

Tonight I'll be throwing up a few tunes that should give you an idea of where my head is musically. (Which is, as I'm sure you can surmise, all over the place)

Brenmar- Taking it Down

Brenmar is no stranger to Avenge The Virgins. Besides having one of raddest drops in recent memory, he also happens one of my favorite producers these days, and each of his new productions is better than the last. Look for this guy to blow up in 2011. (Although I can't help hearing "taking a dump" instead of the obvious). This release is on Discobelle Records as well.

The Dream- Fancy

The Dream is a genius. What more can I say. Modern rnb's greatest songwriter/producer/performer. Completely unfuckwithable. Kingdom finished a mix with this tune last year, and I've been bumping it ever since it came out on his Love vs Money album. The last minute is soooo dope.

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti- Round and Round

This won pitchfork's Best Song of 2010 award. I do not share the same opinion, but it is a fine tune nonetheless. L-A's resident avant-garde weirdo Ariel Pink has been making awesome music for a few years, and it's nice to see him get some notice. Especially since he's been pushing this sound for a while, and a lot of artists are riding his coattails. Round and Round is one hell of a catchy tune, though, I must admit.

the xx- Islands (chllngr remix)

I've been posting about the xx ever since this blog was started last year, and I still listen to their stuff all of the time. Their brand of minimal awesomeness fits any type of weather or mood. Their remix of You've Got the Love is probably my most listened-to song this year, too. By the way, The Fader's recent issue has a feature on Jamie XX that you should really scope out. Really interesting insight into the xx's mastermind.

Bombé- Lakes

Well, look who's making a reappearance on ATV. Bombé's tune Brighton was well received when we posted it last, and he just happened to send this little gem over a few days ago. While not as much of a dancefloor destroyer as Brighton, Lakes is a great piece of tropical bass. It starts off as atmospheric, spacey 2-step, then transforms into a double-time carnival frenzy of a tune. Bombé's mastery of percussion/drum programming is unrivaled. I've been digging all of the tunes on his soundcloud as well.

The Smiths- There is a light that never goes out

I'm a sappy dude, but I'm sure you've figured that out by now.

French Fries & Chaos In The CBD - With You (Original Mix) by Chaos In The CBD

OMG SO GOOD. Young Gunz are bloody killin' it this year. One of the better future bass/2 step tunes of the year, and a personal fave. Keep your eyes out for French Fries' upcoming remix of Amerie- One Thing. It's going to be masssssssive.

Sorry for the somewhat thrown-together post, I've got some comin' up tomorrow and Wednesday to satisfy your hunger. Tomorrow, we'll be officially finishing up the OFWGKTA feature, and on Wednesday, I'll be starting a new weekly segment that I'm sure you'll dig.

Thanks for bearing with us in these times of sporadic posting. Exams + work + holidays, y'feel me.

paix

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment