9/09/2010

Diva Nina


On a cold and rainy day like today nothing can beat a good Nina Simone playlist. If by any chance you've been ignorant for the past decades, Madam Simone was an incredible jazz/blues/soul/gospel/pop artist that was active during the late 50s to the early 70s.

Her work can still be found in not so late productions by other artists. A lot of hiphop&rap artists have been sampling her tunes for their beats. Just a random example, if you are a Lil Wayne fan well one of my favorite song off the Carter III album called "dontgetit" is sampling Nina Simone. He's surely not the first and last one to do it.

As for today, I will be sharing one of my favorite song of hers and an excellent classic remix that goes with it. As a bonus I'll be adding an other remix off the Verve collection which I talked about in an old post of mine. Enjoy

Nina Simone - Aint Got No/I Got Life
Nina Simone - Aint Got No/I Got Life (Groovefinder Remix
Nina Simone - Gimme Some (Mike Mangini Remix)

Peep the video below, very good performance, she changes the groove of the song a bit, which I love.


Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment