12/22/2011

The Weeknd- Echoes of Silence



It is finally here.

Abel Tesfaye, the insanely talented artist known as The Weeknd, has just unleashed Echoes of Silence, the final release of his trilogy of free albums.

Following the game-changing House of Balloons and the hectic Thursday, we are introduced to the dark, foreboding Echoes of Silence. This is mystical hangover music that is still undeniably sexy. It has a lot more seratonin-draining introspective jams, which I am definitely not mad at. Quite honestly, this is some of the best drug music to be released this decade. Love him or hate him, The Weeknd is one of the most innovative and enigmatic musicians to emerge in quite a while. Whether at a party, during sex, at an afterparty or on the day-after, The Weeknd's music is always appropriate.

Here is a little glimpse into Echoes of Silence, but I recommend that you download the whole release and listen to it in its entirety. It is pretty much perfect, and Avenge The Virgins approved.

The Weeknd- Montreal

The Weeknd- XO/ The Host

The Weeknd- Same Old Song

Download The Weeknd- Echoes Of Silence

I'm not one for Best Of Year lists, but if I had to endorse one release this year, it would definitely be House of Balloons. It's the album that has gotten the most burn from me, and I'll go as far as to call it a classic. Maybe it's a lifestyle thing, but that thing has been the soundtrack to my life in 2011. Echoes of Silence is a phenomenal release as well, and very much worth your time.

I apologize for the short post, but I'm not in any shape to go into any great detail.

Love y'all.

#xogangtilwefuckingoverdose

.Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment