2/17/2011

shhhhhh


A little bit of this, a little bit of that. My sleep schedule is really messed up. I apologize for the lazy post. A king-sized edition of Best of the Rest comin' tomorrow, I promise.

à demain, les amis.

Shyne & Fabolous- DJ Clue freestyle

Shyne, one of my favorite rappers, and Fabolous spitting over Da Rockwilder & a Scarface (the movie, not the rapper) track. Hot fiyah.

Wax Motif- Shimmy Shake (Christian Martin remix) [192kbps]

As heard on last week's Sound Pellegrino Podcast. A bouncy, tech-y call-and-response track. Subtle, but effective.

Hourglass Sea- Another World

Mix hip-hop grooves and a glitchy pace, and you have Hourglass Sea. This is definitely inspired by Hudson Mohawke, but I still really dig the vibe.

Lykke Li- I Follow You (Tyler, the Creator mix)

OFWGKTA. According to Tyler, Lykke Li's people actually asked him to do this remix of I Follow Rivers, which shows you how much Wolf Gang is blowing up. Couple that with him & Hodgy Beats appearing on Jimmy Fallon, (the video can be found on our facebook page), and Tyler getting signed to XL Records for a 1 album deal, and there you have it. Odd Future.

James Blake- A Case of You (Joni Mitchell cover)

His self-titled debut is earning rave reviews all over the board. While I really dig James Blake, his stuff sometimes makes me sleepy. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Meditative music is good, too.

Sparklers (ft. zora jones) by Sinjin Hawke

Sinjin Hawke + Zora Jones = Sexy music. It starts with nice synths and somehow turns into a footworkin' tune by the end of it. Sweet Dipset sample, too.

Armistice- Mission Bells



I'm a pretty much a Coeur de Pirate fan for life (Heh. Real heads know the deal), and I definitely enjoyed Jay Malinowski's solo album, so this one-off project definitely appealed to the sappy romantic soul in me. They released their self-titled EP on February 14th, and its cute pop vibe appealed to me a lot. Might not be everyone's cup-o-tea, but whatever.


-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment