5/27/2010

on the road again


Things have been quiet in Avenge The Virgins land for the past week, admittedly. No worries, people, we're not dead. Tomorrow afternoon, I'll be posting a HUGE LuckyMe post, with a bunch of goodies from Hudson Mohawke, Hovatron & Lunice, so keep your eyes peeled for that.

In other news, I'll be leavin for Vietnam this weekend for a month (backpackin, ya diggg), so Bynie + Calibarr will keep you fiends happy while I'm gone. Fear not, there will be still be regular updates, and we hope to reveal some nice top secret goodies by mid-summer.

Oh, here's some music.

Timzed- The Potion

The Fader dropped this London producer's EP a few days ago, and I must say, I'm quite impressed. His myspace describes his music as a mix of Grime & 2-step garage, but I'd say it has much more in common with the new wave of weird dubstep comin' out these days. (The Fader calls the genre Luvstep, a lil' shout out to the great Dirty South Joe + Flufftronix mix of the same name that came out in February). Either way, his music emphasizes dreamy synths and meandering basslines, with a little bit of smooth bluesy vibes thrown in for good measure. Hovatron's r'n'b remixes came on after this song in my itunes shuffle list, and I must say, it fit quite perfectly. Recommended.

Coed- Roll wit Me

Hearing Three Six Mafia's "Pussy got you hooked" is the first time I have ever heard this song, in which its memorable violin crescendo is sampled and takes center stage. After that, Ghettotech producer Bitch Ass Darius sampled it for personal fave "Ride", and its melody got forever cemented in my head. Soon after, I discovered the original sample, this smooth Atlanta R'n'B slow jam. I love these simple panty-peeling Southern ballads.

Burzum- Dunkelheit

Yes, people, I went there. For the first (and definitely the last) time, I am posting black metal on Avenge The Virgins. It would take forever for me to explain the depths and intricacies of Varg Vikernes & his Burzum project, but I will just say that this particular song is one of the reasons that I started being open-minded towards electronic music & repetitive synth riffs, back when I was a pimply faced little elitist metalhead in my teens. Really fuckin' bizarre song to post on the blog, I'll admit, but just wanted to give a little insight into the strange path that led me to my love of electronic music. I'll understand if you hate this, because honestly, it's scary. HAIL STAN.

Ninjasonik- Bars (produced by Teenwolf)

The very first post on Avenge The Virgins was a feature on Ninjasonik, so I figured it might be time to come full circle. My love for this crew runs deep, and I think that they are making some of the most hilarious and awesome music out there. Teenwolf, Telli & Jah Jah are some of the most creative & forward thinking artists in New York in my opinion, and their output is always daring. Haters are going to hate, but they will rap over ANYTHING and make it sound fresh to death. Words cannot really describe their appeal, it's more like a feeling, a mindstate. Ils sont le futur, bow down. No chains and studs, just tats & plugs.

Marcus Price & Carli- Mat Bira Kvinnor Weed (Original mix)

This Swedish duo recently released their debut on the mighty Palms Out Sounds, and it has become one of my favorite bangers of the moment. Translated as Food, Women, Beer & Weed, this is a short but intense dance floor destroyer. The always-on-point and awesome dudes over at Electro TO said it sounds like a harder version of Teki Latex's Dinosaurs With Guns, and as crazy as that sounds, I'd have to agree. I cannot really describe why this song is effective, it just is. The earth-shattering drums and the insane rave stabs probably have something to do with it, but it is the whole package put together that really makes this one of the best songs of the year so far.

I've also included the videos to Bars & Mat Bira Kvinnor Weed, as a little bonus. Really dope videos, in my opinion, ones that complement the songs quite well. As always, hope you guys enjoy, and thanks for your unrelenting support. We appreciate it.





'Nighty night, bitches.

4 comments:

  1. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! dont go... i dont know what ill do without you posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. no i think someone has a crush on you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you find yours Pictures?

    ReplyDelete