4/21/2010

RIP Guru


"The world has lost one of the best emcees and Hip Hop icons of all-time,"

The world has lost an other icon : Guru. Legendary emcee passed away on monday april 19th. He died of "complications from undisclosed cancer".

To quote Solar, who was producing with Guru in the past years a new project, : "Guru has been battling cancer for well over a year and has lost his battle! This is a matter that Guru wanted private until he could beat it, but tragically, this did not happen. The cancer took him. Now the world has lost a great man and a true genius."

To call him a "true genius" is not far from reality. That guy had one of the craziest flow and lyrics of all the east coast Brooklyn movement type of hip hop. Sharing with you guys a couple of my own favorites. Could of easily dropped about 20 songs but sometimes gotta make a choice...

Gang Starr - Full Clip
Gang Starr - You Know My Steez
Gang Starr - Check The Technique

Rare-ish tracks :
Chief Kamachi ft. Guru - The Best
Lina - It's Alright (Gang Starr Remix)

And some dope videos





RIP Guru

4 comments:

  1. R.I.P to one of the realest.

    And FUCK Solar. That dude is baaaaaaaad news.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOMENT OF TRUTH has never been more appropriate.

    check out mister cee's tribute mix to get familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIP GURU

    I grew up listening to Gangstarr ... man I felt like the music they made was made for me. Not in the "I'm the biggest fan ever" way but I mean ... I really felt those lyrics, way more meaningful to me than all that 90s gangsta/trife life shit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXYv_vVibHE

    ReplyDelete