5/11/2011

perpetual leisure


Me again.

Cal & Bynie are still on the West Coast, probably skating around blasted on kush ahaha. I've been entrusted to hold down the fort, and keep Avenge the Virgins at the forefront of dopeness. I think I've been succeeding so far. Anyways, I really envy my brothers, but hey, gotta work. Gotta feed the kids, you know? Hope you're digging the content, although it may be light on the underground hip-hop, once again.

I've got a few marvelous tunes for you to enjoy this evening. They should make the slow transition into summer a lot more bearable for you. By the way, 2011 is such a bloody great year for music, I'm often in awe at how blessed we are.

Steel Pulse ft Tiken Jah Fakoly- African Holocaust

England's reggae legends team up with the exiled icon from Cote D'Ivoire, Tiken Jah Fakoly, for an absolutely amazing tune about the trials and tribulations of Africa. Proper inspirational rock-steady rebel music.

Dungeon Family- Follow the Light

The Dungeon Family is one of the most underrated collectives in music. They are not only responsible for some of the most important and influential rap albums of the past 20 years, but the founders of the Dungeon Family have also been mentors for a lot of southern talent like Outkast, Goodie Mobb, Killer Mike, Bubba Sparxx, Sleepy Brown and so many more. Every time I think of the Dungeon Family, I'm reminded of an old VH1 special on Outkast where they'd recount how Rico Wade and the rest of Organized Noize would force them to run around the block while freestyling in order to master their breath control. A lot of people disrespect Southern rap as being without substance, but Dungeon Family's discography alone blows that argument out of the water.

Jacques Greene- Lay it Down (Nacho Lovers remix)

So fucking good. Jacques Greene is releasing an EP on UNO NYC next week, so XLR8R was kind enough to share this deep, rhythmically grandiose remix by Toronto's Nacho Lovers to hype up the release a bit. This remix is putting me in a great mood, and sugar-coating my anticipation of the gorgeous summer to come.

Ashanti- Fancy (Brenmar remix)

B-B-B-B-Brenmar. Epic, sexy and filled to the brim with bass, as per the usual. Brenmar for prez.


Have yourselves a great evening. Take advantage of the beautiful weather and head outside. If I wasn't working tonight I'd be on a terrasse somewhere, or just walking around the city swigging 40s. I guess I'll have to take one for the team.

Y'all owe me.

.Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment